Frequently Asked Questions About Membership
How does the Impact 100 giving model work?
We award high-impact grants to nonprofits in the Greater Richmond region by:
• Engaging at least 100 women to award one, transformational grant by making individual contributions of $1,100 or $600. ($100 of your contribution supports daily operations and membership development.) The number of women who make a pledge determines the grant amount we award each year.
• Awarding at least one annual $100,000 grant to a local nonprofit determined by a vote of the membership. Every member, regardless of giving level, gets a vote at the Big Give.
• Educating members about community issues and the nonprofits that are addressing those issues most effectively.
• Forming member-led Grants Review Committees to review and select the grant finalists.
What are the benefits of membership?
Regardless of your membership level, every member gets a vote at the Big Give. Additional benefits include:
• Collectively fund transformational grants with other women in Richmond to help local nonprofits meet critical needs, launch new projects and foster innovation.
• Serve as a philanthropic role model in the community
• Develop leadership skills through volunteer opportunities
• Become better informed about local issues through hands-on opportunities and Impact 100-sponsored events
• Make more informed decisions about personal giving
• Expand your network through relationships with other members who share your love of Richmond
What types of organizations does Impact 100 Richmond fund?
We consider grant requests from nonprofits in the Greater Richmond region that fall under one of these five focus areas:
• Arts & Culture
• Health & Wellness
Our place-based Neighborhood Catalyst Grant funds one city neighborhood for four years. With a focus on neighborhood-based interventions, this grant is intended to encourage and reward collaboration, advancement and partnership in solving community challenges across all focus areas.
What is the timing to become a member and award a grant?
Our giving season runs September to May, at which time anyone can pledge to become a member. All payments must be received by March 1 in order to vote at the Big Give. The grantmaking process starts in February, with the grant recipient being selected at our annual meeting in May.
Can I pay over time?
Yes, as long as pledges are paid in full by March 1. Please contact Alicia Dickinson at the Community Foundation to set up payments.
Do you accept gifts of stock?
Yes. Please contact Alicia Dickinson at the Community Foundation for instructions on how to gift your stock.
Do I have to be a member to support Impact 100 Richmond projects?
NO! Anyone can make a tax-deductible donation, in any amount, to support our efforts. Simply follow the instructions on our Donate page.
Is my contribution to Impact 100 Richmond tax deductible?
100% of your contribution is a charitable donation. Tax-deductible status is possible through Impact 100 Richmond’s partnership with the Community Foundation for a greater Richmond. Contributions made by December 31 are tax deductible for that year.
How do I make an annual contribution?
You can pay online with a credit card or mail a check made payable to Community Foundation for a greater Richmond. Write Impact 100 Richmond in the memo section.
How does Impact 100 Richmond pay for administrative costs?
$100 of your annual contribution is used to support our daily operations, administrative costs and event expenses, so we can remain sustainable. In addition to funds raised through memberships, anyone can contribute to our program as a Friend of Impact 100. These contributions are tax deductible and help support our events and administrative costs. In addition, members can make a donation above their giving level for the same purpose. Friends of Impact 100 receive separate recognition in our publications and at the Big Give. We also seek out in-kind sponsors as much as possible. A final budget report is provided each year at the Big Give.
How involved do I have to be as a member?
You can scale your membership to a level that is personally meaningful. Do a little, or do a lot; it's up to you. However, as a volunteer-driven organization we rely on member expertise to keep us moving forward. We encourage all members to volunteer on a committee or on the Leadership Team, participate in our educational programs or support our nonprofit partners in an additional capacity. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to get more involved.
How long does my Impact 100 Richmond membership last?
Your contribution provides annual membership. Members can continue to join Impact 100 Richmond from year-to-year as long as they make an annual contribution by March 1.